I Beg You To Unload This Problem And Get A Free Vibe!



I thought if I ignore it long enough, then it will just go away. But it hasn’t. Because I’ve had it in my life for 5 years, and now it is slowly digging deeper and deeper in me emotionally. I’m talking about the business I built from scratch with my girlfriend. Intimate Pursuits. Right before the fall of 2006, we had decided to completely fold the company. Sad – but it was the right thing to do.

When we opened this company, we had dreams of staying lots of leisure hours with our children after at least 2 years of fruition. We of course underestimated our pangs of greed when the cash register was ringing music to our ears. The more moolah we brought in, the more we want. We accomplished a lot. Hired more and more people, inventory quadrupled, and we had dozens of consultants nationwide. We even managed to be on Dateline NBC that catapulted our business even more. But what we lost were many precious times with our children. And that part, we were not ready for.

Actually, we made the money we put in to build this business ten fold within our first year. It was awesome. But no amount can replace the time spent away from the kids. Within 4 days of delivering my last newborn, I was in my high heels pimping away the company. It felt great! But in retrospect – I’m truly sad about it.

I had 2 painful miscarriages (which I really think could be from all the ongoing stress of running around for the company) that I easily tucked away because I was too busy babying my company. I’m glad for that part really – but I don’t think I really gave myself the time to mourn either. When my husband and I found out about this pregnancy – it just dawned on me… That’s it! It’s time to take care of family…and more importantly, myself first.

My girlfriend (business partner) felt the same way – after all, she too has a daughter that misses her quality time. So poof! With supportive people around us like my husband – we turned our back and decided to drop everything and just let it go. I know we made the best decision, but it is an emotional one for us. It is after all – another baby that we cared for.

But reality is – What the heck am I going to do with all the darn sex toys in our inventory??? I can only have so much in my personal collection you know! Hehe. Well, if anyone of you are interested of unloading me of this problem – here’s what I can do.

As of today – Everything Must Go! 50% off for all my blog readers! (I'd have to charge a measly small amount for shipping of course) But since you cannot order from the site using that discount, you can email me directly @ wantsugar(at)gmail(dot)com and list the products you want from IntimatePursuits.com, and I will send you an invoice so you can pay thru paypal using any major credit cards.


And I’ll tell you what --- the first 12 blogs that post about this sale and my need to unload these products in your own blog will receive a Speeding Bullet Vibe. Just make sure you leave a comment and let me know to check your blog.

:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::
Sorry, but I will only send out products within Continental US, and Hawaii. Also you must be over 18 years old to win and order the products. I carefully check your blog and if I am not 100% convinced that you are over 18 then I will not send out your vibe or orders.

Comments

Becca said…
Thanks for renting this week. I just learned about a busimess like this not to long ago. Also reading this is making me think about the business I am thinking of starting!
Anonymous said…
I am so impressed that you gave it all up for your kids. Not all women could do that. You totally have my respect!

If I was not hugely pregnant and feeling less than sexy I would totally take you up on reducing the inventory ....
MJ Tam said…
chelle - aww thanks...I think it only got easier for me to turn my back because my husband was so supportive about it.

and if I was not hugely pregnant and feeling less than sexy I would totally take the rest of my inventory to myself...hehe
MJ Tam said…
hothousemomma - thanks for letting me rent your blog this week. Anytime you want to ask or talk about business ventures, I'd be glad to share my experiences.
Neurotic Mom said…
It's really great you can give it up for your kids. I'm stay home with my kids and i don't regret it.
Mama of 2 said…
I'm sure your decision didn't come to you easily but it sounds like you have it the right time for you to close up shop.

It's great to know though that you and your friend created such a successful venture. You should be very proud. Best of luck to you as you take this new turn in your life.
Mama's Moon said…
Wow! I have so much respect for your (as well as your friend's) decision about your business. I'm sure it was a blast while it lasted but being a mommy just doesn't compare to anything else in the world. That's why moms are the real-mc coy...no one else would/could make such sacrifices in the name of family.

Hooray for and best of luck to you! I'm sure we'll see you out there again!

BTW, I've got your site linked on my Monday Morning Munchies...hope it helps to sell off your inventory.
Neurotic Mom said…
oh yeah i forgot i put links to you in the tenant welcome hahahaha
Anonymous said…
I definitely give kudos to moms who are willing to do anything for their kids (my mom was one of those moms).

This is my first time to stop by, and it looks like it might be my lucky day! (I'm totally pimping you on my blog as we speak!)
MJ Tam said…
Mama of 2 said No, it is not easy at all. Like I said, it is an emotional one...but I tend to accentuate on the positive to get me through :-)

Mama's Moon Thanks for including my sale on your post. Your speeding bullet will be on it's way as soon as I can get your address.

Neurotic Mom
Your speeding bullet will be o its way...Can you please email me your address?


kizzykim
Thanks for pimping me out...hehe...I will also sen dyour much deserved speeding bullet as soon as I ge tyour address.
Valerie said…
Sugarmama I put up a post about your sale on my blog plus I am sure I am going to be doing some shopping soon.
MJ Tam said…
Valerie - awesome Valerie! Thanks. Can you please email me your address so i can send you your speeding bullet! :-)
Anonymous said…
I'm so sorry you had to give it up, but good for you for doing it for the right reason.

I'm going to post right now and send people your way.
Renee Nefe said…
Are there any more left? I can link you up.

BTW: Island Girl sent me. And I think its so great that your doing this for your family. I frequently find myself getting overloaded with too much and have to weed out the less important things in my life.
Renee Nefe said…
I've posted...hope it helps out.
MJ Tam said…
jenn
Thanks Jenn! Your speeding bullet will be on its way.


Renee
Please go for it - I really do appreciate all the help I can get! Can you also please email me your address so I can send you the the bullet.
Congratulations on making such a tough decision!! Also on the upcoming birth of your daughter. I plan on looking at your site when my children stop looking over my shoulder!
Anonymous said…
I'm here via Jenn's blog, she's pimpin' ya like crazy! As a mom of 2 adult children, I cannot tell you what a great decision this is. One thing you can never get back is time & there is nothing more valuable than time with our children.
Right on!
MJ Tam said…
Jenmomof4 Great- thanks so much! :-)


jane My good friend is just so awesome! Thank you for the nice comment as well. It only makes me even more so solidly believe that I've done the right thing.
Angel said…
Shoot! I didn't get here fast enough, did I? Man, I coulda used some of those toys!
MJ Tam said…
beth - Not too late hon! Just go ahead and plug away,and I'd be happy to go ahead and send you a vibe :-)
Sally said…
I found your blog through Blonde Chick...gotta love those blogger rentals!

I will post about you right now...am I too late?? I'll post anyway.
MJ Tam said…
sally - Not too late at all! Thanks so much...your vibe will be on its way!
Lynda said…
I came to check things out from Beth's blog. She is plugging away.
MJ Tam said…
lynda - I see!!! Beth is so awesome. BTW - welcome to my blog!
Anonymous said…
Hey there Sugarmama! I hope I'm not too late! Visit my blog here: http://survivinglife.spaces.live.com/
Anonymous said…
My comment didn't post! I plugged your sale on my site! I've never had one, but I have thought about it a lot. Especially now that I am divorced! I got that silly country song stuck in my head..."Save a horse, ride a cowboy!" I think I'll skip the cowboy, and buy a Sugarmama toy!

Good, good, good! Good vibrations!!! (Think Beach Boys!) ;-}
Unknown said…
Hi Sugar! I came here via Blindasabatbeth, and I would love a free vibe! I went to a sex toy party once and I had SO much fun! Sorry you are losing your company, but just think of all the great times you will have with those beautiful kids, and the stress level will surely go down!

Check out my space, I mentioned you!

http://underworkedemployee.spaces.live.com/
Unknown said…
Why, oh why won't my comment post? I've tried three times!

I've been to sex toy part before and man was it fun!

I really admire you for giving it up and wanting to spend more time with your kids. Great for all of you!
Unknown said…
Okay, this is the 4th time I'm going to try and post, cause I REALLY want one of those! Visit my space at:

http://underworkedemployee.spaces.live.com
Unknown said…
Sugar, this is now my FIFTH time at trying to post, and I fear you will be out! I want one!!!!!!

http://underworkedemployee.spaces.live.com/
Dino said…
sorry to hear you closeing shop.

I'll be happy to mention you on my blog and help selling the inventory. I of course will check the product list and my bank account and see how I can help :)
MJ Tam said…
bratnella, bina, & dino aka katy Thank you for the plug! Please email me your addresses so I could send you your well deserved vibe!
I've got you linked. I found my way here by way of beckyd.

Your post;>
Unknown said…
I know it's too late, but I did pimp you, both as renter, and as great sex toy seller. Hope you get some customers!
My wife brought to my attention (she also has given you and what you want to do some post time), but I decided, I too would lend a helping hand.

Something about someone who wants to give up working because family is more important, putting their children first ranks VERY highly with me.

So I thought I would lend a hand and pimp (no pun intended) a bit on my blog for you also.
MJ Tam said…
Celebrate Woo-Woo Thank you - Thank you! Pls. email me your addy-if you haven't done so- so I can send you your bullet.


dazed Nope not too late at all. Thanks! Email your address please!


Break from Sanity - I read in your blog and that made me cry! A good cry. Thank you for the kind and sweet words.